Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2015
The Allegrini family estate covers 100 hectares of vineyard in the heart of the Valpolicella Classico area. The family has been growing grapes here for six generations. Franco Allegrini is vineyard manager and winemaker, while his sister Marilisa is the marketing director.
Amarone is made by drying the fully ripe grapes in temperature and humidity controlled enviroments so that no Botrytis develops. The dried grapes lose 40% of their weight concentarting the flavours. De-stemmed before crushing and a long warm fermentation followed by 18 months in barriques. After blending it then spends eight months in large oak casks and 14 months in bottle.
Deep in colour with imposing structure, mature fruit and spice with a warming fulsome finish.
- Deliveries can be made to UK mainland and overnight at £13.95 per case, or are free with orders over £250
- For delivery to Northern Scotland we charge a flat fee of £25 per order
- A telephone number and a safe and secure place to leave the wine if no one is home along with your postcode are essential
- If the wine is not delivered over the customers threshold as per instruction, and a signature not obtained, the wine becomes the customers responsibility.
- Orders placed before 11am will be delivered next day (excluding Sundays).
- Apologies but we cannot deliver to Northern Ireland our outlying islands, only deliveries to the mainland can be accepted.